Head of Model Risk Management
Head of Model Risk Management | London | £80,000- £120,000 per annum
Taylor Root is working with a local relationship bank in search for a Head of Model Risk Management.
The successful applicant will take on an exciting role that will be leading the continuous development and embedment of the Bank’s Model Risk Management Framework, and also continue to build out and lead a team of model validation experts and model risk analysts.
This role and function is critical to the Bank’s successful IRB application as well as the overall risk management of the Bank.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Support the Head of UKRQ and the CRO by leading the continuous development of the model risk management function, including resource and capability planning;
- Support the continuous development of the team members;
- Embed the model risk management framework, including model identification, attestation, validation and monitoring. This also includes identifying what further training is needed of key stakeholders;
- Lead coordination and alignment with colleagues in areas related to model risk management;
- Coordinate and lead the Model Oversight Committee;
- Report on model risk related matters to the management and board risk committee;
- Keep up to date and act on regulatory developments and industry best practise in areas related to model risk
Essential experience and skills required:
- Evidence leadership skills and an interest in developing teams and people;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working in financial services, including IRB model development. Experience from validation is preferred;
- Good understanding of model risk management and what constitutes an effective model risk management framework;
- Solid understanding of the IRB regulation (CRR, EBA, PRA) as well as regulatory guidelines and industry best practises for model risk management and model validation;
- Have a strong analytical background and numerical skills;
- Be proactive and able to act on their own initiative;
- Deliver high quality outcomes;
- Have an ability to communicate, analyse, articulate and present complex issues clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing;
- Be able to work in an organised yet flexible manner.
Please do reach out to me directly to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.