Head of Legal APAC – Renewables
Backed by a major financial institution, this is a nimble, innovative renewables business with a significant pipeline of global projects.
Our client is seeking a Head of Legal to cover the APAC region. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a key role for a dynamic, innovative business looking to scale. Reporting to the General Counsel in Europe, you will also be responsible for recruiting, developing, and managing a team of lawyers to support the business’s APAC activities.
Tasked with providing first-class legal services to the region, you will contribute your legal expertise on matters related to project acquisitions, the formation of joint ventures, and also participating in government tender processes supporting the business’s ongoing development of projects.
You will be comfortable running multiple M&A transactions and you will have a strong working knowledge and understanding of how an energy project is put together.
This a fantastic time to be joining this business and it is a great role for someone who is interested in further developing their career in the renewables space.
- Identify, assess, and manage all legal risks associated with the business in APAC.
- Play a key role in managing M&A transactions with the assistance of external counsel as and when required.
- Work closely with the asset management and operations team on the business’s ongoing involvement with projects in development.
- Develop and implement legal policies and procedures, and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Be a leader within the region and globally, cultivating relationships with key stakeholders, and working collaboratively to provide exceptional legal advice and support to elevate business performance in the energy sector.
- Minimum 10 years PAE with M&A and projects experience gained from time spent in a top-tier or international law firm.
- You will have excellent knowledge of the legal aspects of M&A and joint venture transactions in connection with energy/infrastructure projects, ideally including some experience in project financing.
- Ideally, you will have gained in-house experience at a large multinational corporation with a strong track record in M&A, projects, finance and/or corporate matters.
- Previous people management experience is desirable, although not essential.
- Flexibility to operate within different legal/ regulatory environments within the APAC region and the ability to identify key risk areas and potential mitigants and solutions.
- Willing to travel circa once a month within the region.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV to Olivia Courtney, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.