A global financial services provider with a diverse workforce, and building on significant recent growth, intends to diversify further. Globally the portfolio comprises a full range of banking and financial products, whereas the domestic business is primarily focused on financial advisory and global markets. The firm's Sydney office is a lean, close-knit team, and promotes a culture of autonomy.
This is a fast-paced varied role, in which you'll find yourself advising, implementing and strategising. The post can be split into the following main categories:
- Inward: Partnering with the business to ensure key regulatory risks are mitigated and avoided, as well as managing a range of compliance projects
- Outward: Managing relationships with relevant regulatory bodies
- Forward: Design and implementation of the compliance strategy and road-map
The Ideal Candidate
Our client is looking for a compliance leader with markets exposure, with a particular understanding of brokerage businesses (futures and options, equities and FX). Beyond this, in order to succeed, you'll need:
- Strong leadership skills - experience leading teams in demanding environments
- To gravitate towards autonomous situations, and demonstrate initiative as an advisor
- Proven experience of Australian banking and licensing landscapes
- Excellent working knowledge of the Corps Act, banking and finance law and other tangent legislation
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.