Group Legal Counsel M&A
Group M&A Legal Counsel – Paris
Taylor Root has been instructed by a French multinational to source a Group M&A Legal Counsel to be based in their headquarters in Paris.
Reporting to the Senior M&A Legal Counsel based in Paris your responsibilities will include:
* Working closely with the group M&A finance team, provide effective legal and commercial advice and assistance in M&A transactions as required by the Functions/Segments.
* Draft and negotiate transaction documents.
* Follow-up on post-closing matters
* Assist the Functions/Segments on the assessment and management of legal and commercial risk linked to M&A transactions.
* Help to ensure that M&A transactions are conducted in accordance with the relevant Company’s internal governance processes.
* Instruct external lawyers and manage external legal fees under appropriate supervision.
* You will be a French qualified lawyer, admitted to the Bar.
* You will have around 5-7 years of post-qualified experience gained while working in a top-tier law firm or multinational company.
* Have strong legal writing ability, analytical skills, and transactional experience.
* Good technical knowledge and experience of law contracts (including corporate law, business / commercial law and regulatory issues e.g. antitrust, foreign investment laws) and practice relevant to M&A transactions in a multijurisdictional context
* Good technical contract drafting and negotiation skills.
* Knowledge of intellectual property and new technology legal matters, and experience with technology licensing agreements would be a plus.
* You are business oriented with a problem-solving / pragmatic approach.
* Fluency in French and English both oral and written is essential to fill this role.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is keen to develop their career in-house while working on M&A.
Taylor Root is a trading name of The SR Group (Italy) S.r.l.