Group Legal Advisor, SEA
Our client is a well-known streaming services provider operating in over 15 markets across APAC, Middle East and Africa. They are looking for a legal counsel to join their team, providing legal advisory to the business and management team.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and fast-growing business with ambitious goals within the digital media industry.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of commercial agreements including content acquisition, production and distribution, advertising and subscription business, sales and marketing activities as well as IP and regulatory matters
- Handling contentious matters, working alongside or managing external counsels where necessary
- Working alongside internal and external stakeholders on business strategies on expanding existing markets and new market penetration
- Keeping up to date with relevant laws and regulations across SEA and providing legal advisory and implementation of changes or updates
- Common-law qualified lawyer with 4-7 PQE gained from a recognized law firm and/or in-house capacity, ideally within a similar industry
- Sound legal and regulatory knowledge relating to the media and entertainment business across Asia and excellent drafting and negotiating skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, able to influence senior stakeholders and provide commercially sound legal advice
- Mature and resourceful individual with strong attention to detail and good time management skills
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.