Global Compliance Manager
For our client, Fugro, we are looking for a Global Compliance Manager to join the Legal & Compliance department at their global headquarters in Leidschendam. Fugro is the world’s leading Geo-data specialist, collecting and analysing comprehensive information about the Earth and the structures built upon it. Adopting an integrated approach that incorporates acquisition and analysis of Geo-data and related advice, Fugro provides solutions. With expertise in site characterisation and asset integrity, clients are supported in the safe, sustainable and efficient design, construction and operation of their assets throughout the full life cycle.
Employing approximately 11,500 talented people in 60 countries, Fugro serves clients around the globe, predominantly in the energy and infrastructure industries, both offshore and onshore. In 2022, revenue amounted to EUR 1.8 billion. Fugro is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
The Global Compliance Manager will report to the General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer.
About the role:
In this role you will lead the compliance function within Fugro globally, reporting to the General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer. You will manage a small team, consisting of a (senior) compliance counsel and a privacy officer, with the objective to grow the team as appropriate. As a Global Compliance Manager your task will be to work with the different regions and the global legal team to identify and address compliance risk. The role will include performing internal compliance risk assessments, developing and updating documents (e.g. Fugro’s Code of Conduct and Fugro’s Global Privacy Principles), programs and procedures worldwide which support Fugro’s requirements to further embed and sustain an ethical and compliant work environment. Furthermore you will develop and enable the implementation of training materials, for example on AB&C, data privacy and trade compliance. You will act as the centre of excellence in compliance issues globally and will promote a culture which encourages compliance and business integrity.
– An understanding of the regulatory environment and challenges in which a global organisation operates;
– Good risk based judgement skills including the ability to assess compliance risks appropriately with commercial needs;
– Experience in a compliance oversight type role and developing annual and multi-year compliance plans;
– Experience in conducting and reporting on compliance risks & issues, incident management and investigations;
– Experience in building and managing a team;
– A strong understanding of data protection law and regulatory requirements.
– Proactive work method with the ability to prioritise workloads effectively, manage own time and work to tight deadlines;
– Excellent influencing/negotiation skills;
– Strong focus on detail;
– The drive to connect and work with colleagues across countries and cultures, embedding a passion for compliance and business integrity;
– Strong communicator at all levels with experience in working with senior management and external advisors;
– To be recognised as a role model who leads, solves problems and inspires;
– Fluent in (written & spoken) English;
– Master’s degree in Law or similar;
– International travel will be required from time-to-time.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.