City of London, London
£100000 - £120000 per annum
5 months ago
This is a newly created position within our General Counsel and Risk Department which will work closely with the Firm's Senior Management team and is a great opportunity to join a global law firm and take responsibility for designing, implementing and managing company secretarial processes.
- Providing in-house legal and company secretarial support for all firm wide structural and re-organisation activities and initiatives
- Assist the GC with all corporate transactions incidental to the firm's strategic decisions including preparing or reviewing all the necessary legal and regulatory documentation to effect the strategy
- Instructing appropriate external legal counsel as required, in jurisdictions where we wish to operate to ensure local compliance in the relevant region and managing overall spend
- Assisting General Counsel with agenda setting, external speakers and best practice knowhow and articles to ensure high quality discussions around key topics at each Board meeting
- Liaising with regional Board Chairs, collating regional Board minutes and ensuring sound governance between the Global Strategy Board and those regional Boards
- Assisting in the formulation and smooth operation of shadow boards to support the regional Boards with key aspects of their role
- Develop best in class corporate governance procedures and guidance ensuring good compliance with all aspects of Partnership law and Companies Act 2006 and filing requirements to ensure regulatory and statutory requirements are met
- Drafting resolutions and lodging required forms with Companies House
- Prepare and co-ordinate Director and shareholder appointments and resignations across the global firm, ensuring that all internal governance approvals are satisfied
- Maintaining an up to date awareness of Company Secretarial trends
- Managing a variety of ad hoc projects
Essential Skills & Experience
The successful candidates will preferably have the following skills and/or characteristics:
- Experience of working in a company secretarial role
- Legally qualified with minimum 3 years PQE with a corporate legal background
We offer flexible working and would consider someone on a part time basis.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.