The General Counsel will provide comprehensive legal risk management and render effective legal advice and support to the UK and Ireland senior management. You will primarily coordinate and manage general legal affairs and focus on contract law, litigation, competition law, product liability matters, IT and data protection law and general legal compliance. You should also have a very commercial, pragmatic approach and be comfortable working autonomously, as you will be the only lawyer in the UK office, reporting to the MD for the UK business.
- Implement comprehensive assessment of legal risks and opportunities, as well as practical measure to mitigate risks and capture opportunities identified;
- Manage contract reviews and contentious matters in UK and Ireland;
- Manage corporate housekeeping in UK and Ireland;
- Assume the function of a compliance officer for UK and Ireland (incl. trainings on compliance matters for management and employees);
- Provide advice to a wide range of internal stakeholders (Managing Director, Area Management, branch managers, etc.);
- Manage relations to local authorities and government;
- Network with, instruct and supervise external law firms;
- Monitor new legislation and legal trends.
- Train and advise management and employees on compliance matters as well as on new legal trends and new legislation.
- Foster a strong working relationship with the Corporate Center legal team regarding Group related projects, transactions and risk topics;
- Law school graduate & qualified attorney-at-law; LL.M or MBA;
- A minimum of 5 years PQE;
- Extensive experience in commercial and corporate law, ideally also in construction law and litigation/ arbitration;
- Proven senior level credibility to build relationship and influence senior management;
- Proven track record in managing complex contracts and projects in an international environment;
- Demonstrated ability to make commercially astute decisions and take clear position on complex issues;
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of leading from the front and motivating others.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.