6 months ago
ROLE: Ideally the role will be positioned in Dhahran but you can easily commute and live in Bahrain if you wish. You will have dual reporting lines to the commercial head of the region as well a legal report to the global General Counsel. Sitting on and advising a leadership team, you will take responsibility for all legal issues arising across multiple jurisdictions and maintaining the highest standards.
With a remit to grow and develop a small team, you will oversee a wide variety of legal issues, such as large M&A and JV's, general commercial, disputes, compliance, ethics, regulatory, IP and employment.
CANDIDATE: There are some guideline criteria to consider before applying:
- This is a very senior role in terms of grade however, less senior and very high potential candidates can be considered. 10+ PQE is likely to be a benchmark
- You must come with a strong business and deal driven attitude This is not a purely operational day to day management role
- It is essential that you come with at least one of energy, projects, O&G, infrastructure, heavy industry sector experience from an in-house perspective
- Candidates based both in and outside the region are invited, though it is essential that you have exposure to working in the Middle East
- You will need to be US / UK / Common law qualified and have worked at either a top tier international law firm, or multinational in-house environment
- The organisation is particularly keen to look at candidates with longer term career plans to move back to the US
- A top paying international expat package is on offer, as well as strong career growth and extremely high quality work
- This is a workplace in which you can make a difference and uphold benchmark standards
This is likely the most interesting and challenging General Counsel vacancy in the market right now, please contact us to discuss.
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.