GENERAL COUNSEL, GLOBAL INDUSTRIAL LEADER, GCC
CLIENT: We have been retained exclusively to work with one of the world's leading industrial companies. With a strong presence across the globe, they are now seeking a new General Counsel to spearhead their regional operations.
ROLE: Depending on preferences, the role can be based in a choice of GCC locations. You will have dual reporting lines to the commercial head of the region as well a legal report to the global General Counsel. Sitting on and advising a leadership team, you will take responsibility for all legal issues arising across multiple jurisdictions and maintaining the highest standards.
With a remit to grow and develop a small team, you will oversee a wide variety of legal issues, such as large M&A and JV's, general commercial, disputes, regulatory, IP and employment.
CANDIDATE: There are some guideline criteria to consider before applying:
- This is a very senior role; however, less senior and very high potential candidates can be considered. 7+ PQE is likely to be a benchmark
- You must come with a strong business and deal driven attitude This is not a purely operational day to day management role
- It is essential that you come with at least one of energy, projects, O&G, infrastructure, heavy industry sector experience from an in-house perspective
- Given the strength of the role it is unlikely that candidates based outside of the region will be considered, but those with distinct Middle East experience are invited to apply
- It is essential that you are US / UK / Common law qualified and have worked at either a top tier international law firm, or multinational in-house environment
This is likely the most interesting and challenging General Counsel vacancy in the market right now.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.