6 months ago
GENERAL COUNSEL, ENERGY CONGLOMERATE, KUWAIT
CLIENT: We are working with a very large and varied industrial client, who have wide spread global operations across a diversified energy sector. They are seeking a new General Counsel to sit at the top of the organisation and take leadership for their legal department.
ROLE: You will take responsibility for managing and overseeing an existing legal team, with a remit covering both Kuwait and further overseas. The work will be truly global, with a focus onto international expansion, M&A, re-structuring and streamlining.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria to take into consideration:
- 15+ PQE, having worked in an international standard organisation.
- Additional top tier international law firm experience is also very sought after.
- Candidates will need experience in energy or heavy industry.
- A skill set covering broad corporate (M&A, JV's) and commercial work.
- Team management experience is essential.
- Strong commercial and strategic skills.
- Middle East market exposure will be helpful, but not at the expense of broader international work too.
- The role will be based in Kuwait.
This is a rare General Counsel role and will keep you interested and engaged on top tier international projects. Please do get in touch for a full job description and the opportunity to discuss.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.