Dubai, United Arab Emirates
about 2 months ago
GENERAL COUNSEL, CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL, UAE
CLIENT: We've worked with this client for some years across both their Middle East and European offices, and they are now seeking a new General Counsel to be based in Dubai. Their focus on an EMEA client base, but with continued expansion and innovative projects to manage.
ROLE: You will look after a small team consisting of UK qualified and bi-lingual Arabic team members, across multiple jurisdictions. Due to the tight nature of the team, the work comes through from many different angles, but with a core of corporate and general commercial matters. Other areas will be advising on general risk management, projects, energy and corporate governance.
CANDIDATE: There are some key criteria to take into consideration:
- It is essential that you have had (at some point in your career) exposure to working at a top tier law firm.
- Your skill set will ideally be general corporate commercial, but transferable skills and exposure to projects, construction, infrastructure, energy or utilities, are all relevant.
- You'll need at least 15+ years of PQE, and ideally have operated as a General Counsel or divisional Head of Legal already.
- Proven team building and management skills need to be in place.
- Candidates will need to be based in the Middle East right now (ideally in the UAE) and have exposure and understanding of the market here.
This is a great opportunity to join a strong and well respected multi-national company, please do get in touch to discuss.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.