Belfast, County Antrim
£90000 - £120000 per annum + additional benefits
about 2 months ago
A high growth consumer finance company seek to appoint a General Counsel and Head of Operational Risk for their UK/ IRE business units, to be based in Belfast with some travel to Dublin.
Key respnsibilities will include:
- Drive the tight execution of a broad range of legal, regulatory, operational risk and compliance activities in a fast paced environment;
- Continue to embed the corporate Legal and Regulatory Risk Management Policy and Operational Risk and Compliance Policy across all relevant internal business units, material activities and projects;
- Be a single point of accountability for all transactional and project based legal, governance and operational risk & compliance requirements for UK and Ireland and its related entities;
- Efectively manage and supervise all operational risk and compliance activities on a day to day basis;
- Provide exceptional advice and support to the Group General Counsel and the UK and Ireland Business Unit Head in relation to all relevant support activities;
The successsful candidate will possess a mix of experience to include:
- An LLB or equivalent legal accrediation and circa 12 years PQE in a relevant FS compliance environment;
- Experience across a range of legal enviornments (regulated credit, payments, asset finance) strongly desirable;
- Demonstrated capability to provide high quality and technical legal, governance and operational risk and compliance advice which is commercially pragmatic, including through the critical phase of obtaining FCA Authorisation for the UK business unit;
- Demonstrated capability to support multiple business units and to provide - often under compressed timelines - day-to-day discrete transactional, project-based and other ad-hoc legal, governance, operational risk and compliance advice;
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively track external legislative and regulatory trends, Codes of Best Practice and other requirements relevant and necessary to ensure compliance;
- Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships at all levels of an organisation and to operate collaboratively and develop deep "trusted legal advisor" relationships with existing Legal, Operational Risk & Compliance Team members and all business partners;
- Strong experience dealing directly with Government, regulatory and industry bodies.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.