Sydney, New South Wales
almost 2 years ago
Our client is a global business who genuinely prides themselves on investing in people to reach their full potential. An opportunity now exists for a senior commercial lawyer to join the business as General Counsel & Company Secretary.
This is a diverse, challenging and rewarding role that will see you operating at all levels of the business. Key responsibilities include:
* Provide legal advice and assistance to the business in the management and administration of their legal obligations concerning their operations. This includes contractual matters, acquisitions and divestitures, employment matters, enforcement proceedings, leasing and property matters, intellectual property matters and liability claims matters.
* Perform all duties required of a Company Secretary. This includes the filing of statutory notices executing documents in accordance with companies' constitutions and maintaining registers.
* Develop and implement legal, policy, regulatory and compliance, and litigation management frameworks to minimise and manage risks, ensure compliance and facilitate reporting requirements.
* Contribute to strategic planning processes, to ensure that plans are informed by high quality legal, policy, regulatory and compliance advice to identify, minimise and manage legal risks.
* Mentor and guide global internal legal resources
*Provide innovative, practical and contemporary legal leadership and expertise to resolve significant and complex legal issues.
To be successful in this role you will bring significant experience in commercial law, ideally coupled with Company Secretarial experience. You will display integrity, influence effectively and will enjoy collaboration. This is a unique opportunity to join a business and be a true business partner.
To express your interest please send your CV to Yvonne Tucker firstname.lastname@example.org Due to the high volume of applications anticipated please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.