Funds | 3-5PE | Elite US Firm
A Global Legal Powerhouse – join a prestigious international law firm at the forefront of the legal industry, known for its excellence and innovation. Our client, a leading force in the global legal landscape, boasts an unrivaled Asset Management Practice. This practice serves the dynamic needs of the global asset management industry by providing a comprehensive suite of legal services to a diverse clientele. Clients include US, European, and international financial institutions, hedge fund managers, private equity firms, investment advisers, family offices, and institutional investors.
As a Funds Associate, you will be an integral part of a dynamic team embedded within a specialized practice. This team delivers top-tier advice on all facets of funds, managed accounts, and other investment vehicles. You will play a pivotal role in:
- Advising on the structuring, offering, and ongoing operations of hedge funds, funds-of-hedge funds, and related products.
- Representing sponsors and managers of private equity, credit and debt, real estate, and other closed-end funds.
- Assisting clients in organizing and offering investment funds globally, navigating local restrictions, listings, and regulatory filings.
- Covering the full spectrum of derivatives and prime brokerage arrangements, including OTC, listed, and cleared products.
- Addressing regulatory challenges for investment advisers and alternative investment fund managers on a global scale.
- Structuring management companies, carried interest, and compensation arrangements while navigating tax implications.
- Advising on seed and stake deals, spinouts, secondaries, and fund-related transactions.
Our client’s Asset Management Practice is renowned for its extensive experience in regulatory, tax, finance, ERISA, AIFMD, trading agreements, capital markets, and intellectual property.
The ideal candidate for this Funds Associate role will bring:
- 3-5 years of post-qualification experience in funds law.
- Expertise in fund formation, negotiation of managed accounts, and advisory agreements.
- Proven ability to navigate complex regulatory landscapes and provide strategic counsel.
- Strong analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, essential for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- A commitment to professional growth and a desire to contribute to the success of a global legal powerhouse.
If you are interested in hearing more about this role and the funds market in greater detail, please apply or reach out directly.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.