City of London, London
excellent bonus and benefits
10 months ago
This would be a great opportunity if you are 3-6 PQE and a qualifed solicitor in the UK, with top city firm training and a braod background in corporate and commercial law, preferably with some exposure/understanding of the oil & gas industry.
You will be reporting to the Head of Legal in the London office and your responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, drafting, advising on and negotiating various types of international commercial contracts and legal documents required in relation to corporate governance, including; international sale and purchase agreement, distributorship agreement, agency agreement, shareholders agreement, share purchase agreement, intellectual property and technology transfer, M&A, joint venture, guarantee, loan facilities, and all corporate related legal documents.
- Providing legal support in respect of various national laws and EU and other international regulations, including in relation to corporate governance.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the group's organisation (including subsidiaries and branches). This includes advising on group rules, as well as processing applications required from business units under those rules, for example in relation to Trade Security Control and Anti-Bribery legislation as well as assisting with the managing, guidance and coordination of the rule amendments and processing of applications by the more junior members of the team
- Actively supporting the Legal Department's initiatives regarding compliance education and training, specifically including visiting offices and conducting seminars.
- Assisting with internal audits of the Group when required.
- Some business travel to support business units with legal matters.
- Maintaining an awareness of 'best practice' and 'continual improvement' in relation to the scope of work covered by the role and ensuring that the more junior members of the team do the same.
Experience of working in an international law firm or multinational corporation, as well as specific experience in;
- drafting and negotiating international commercial agreements;
- advising on corporate governance and compliance issues;
- advising clients face to face; and
- conducting sophisticated legal research.
Experience within a multicultural business environment would be a distinct advantage.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.