Our client is passionate about building software that solves problems. They partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Their software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, they'd love for you to join them.
Their Legal Team are excited to hire a Corporate Legal Counsel to take on a range of legal work, with a particular focus on equity, securities, and corporate matters.
As a contributor to the Legal team's broad mandate, you'll negotiate commercial agreements with Fortune 50 companies and work on regulatory, intellectual property, employment, and international issues. You'll also spend considerable time working on equity, securities, and corporate matters, often interacting directly with their executive leadership to devise and implement a cutting edge employee equities scheme.
You will thrive on taking ownership of a vaguely-defined objective and driving it forward to achieve an optimal outcome. With low ego and poise under pressure, you quickly connect and communicate well with a wide variety of personality types. You're comfortable working both independently and in close collaboration with a team. You're flexible and adaptable and find joy in the job even when timelines are tight and conditions are changing rapidly.
- Advise on a range of often complex equity, securities, and corporate issues (including financings), with a focus on their equity plan administration
- Establish corporate governance for the company and their subsidiaries and joint ventures.
- Assist in management and day-to-day administration of the company's equity portfolio.
- Lead contract drafting and negotiating.
- Help lead strategic business and legal initiatives across the company.
- 1-4 years of experience as a Corporate, Emerging Companies, or Securities Attorney at a law firm or in-house (a combination is even better!).
- A J.D. and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with financings, corporate governance, board matters, and ideally employee equity plans.
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to novel issues.
- Extremely well organized with a proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
The SR Group (US), Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.