Sydney, New South Wales
Market leading salary offered
over 1 year ago
About the Firm
Our client is considered one of Asia Pacific's leading law firms.
The firm's Workplace practice in Sydney is one of the most successful employment law practices in Australia and is led by industry experts, with extensive experience across the full spectrum of employment law, industrial relations, discrimination and work health and safety. The Workplace team works closely with major domestic and international clients as well the public sector in Australia and they remain at the forefront of emerging developments in technology and innovation within Human Resources.
Due to an exciting growth phase, our client is seeking a talented Senior Associate to join their high performing specialist team.
As a Senior Associate in this team, you will have an expert focus on industrial relations matters. You will be representing employers in industrial disputes, including appearing before the Fair Work Commission, and advising employers about enterprise bargaining - including strategy and negotiations.
We would also consider applicants with a broader mix of litigation and advisory work across the full spectrum of employment law, IR, discrimination and work health and safety.
The ideal applicant should possess:
- At least 5 years of experience practicing in employment law, WHS and industrial relations law, gained at a reputable Australian law firm;
- Preferably you have significant industrial relations experience, including in enterprise agreement bargaining;
- A client focused approach and the ability to build strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and peers;
- Experience running matters (with appropriate supervision) and the ability to drive a matter forward autonomously where appropriate;
- The ability to effectively delegate to and mentor graduate lawyers and paralegals in the group;
- An interest in and willingness to contribute to business development initiatives for the practice group;
- Strong initiative and ability to work autonomously and efficiently.
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like to find out more, please contact me for a confidential discussion.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.