Sydney, New South Wales
8 months ago
Employment Lawyer - Senior Associate (5 PQE+)
Our client, a top-tier international law firm, is looking to add a Senior Associate to its highly regarded employment, industrial relations and work health and safety practice.
This is a growth role as a result of an increase in work and the team acquiring new clients. You will work with the majority of/all the Partners in the Sydney team and may also have access to interstate work with our client's broader national team.
This team is uplifting and collegiate, and assists clients in all aspects of workplace relations; employment, executive remuneration and benefits, industrial relations, workplace safety, discrimination and workplace training.
The team's strong market position is reflected in its tier 1 legal directory rankings, including Band 1 in Employment - Chambers Asia-Pacific; Tier 1 in Labour and Employment - The Legal 500 Australia; and recognised as Law Firm of the Year for 2020 and 2021 in the practice area of Employment and Labour Law by Best Lawyers Australia.
Our client also has a strong track record of seconding its lawyers between its Australian and overseas offices to enhance their career experience.
Your skills and experience
- 5+ years employment law experience gained within a specialist Employment practice in a well-regarded firm, preferably across advice and litigation
- Experience in Industrial Relations will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Superior drafting ability
- A commercial approach and an ability to articulate and negotiate effectively
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed analytical skills
- The ability to be team-focused and also work independently
- A proactive, positive and energetic approach with a commitment to providing excellent service and, a desire to interact with the market and build client relationships
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.