3 months ago
A leading asset manager is looking for an Employment Counsel on a 12-month fixed term contract. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced employment Lawyer to join a dynamic team in London.
The employment counsel will work across a range of matters primarily focused on day‐to‐day employment matters in the UK and will help develop related policies and guidelines and assist globally. There will be a consistent flow of a wide array of interesting matters combined with a collegiate and friendly culture.
Key duties include:
* Work with and advise the HR team and business managers providing guidance and practical solutions on a broad spectrum of employment law matters, including employee relations, compensation and benefits, performance management, leaves of absence and accommodation, wage and hour issues, internal investigations, terminations and other employment related matters.
* Draft, review and negotiate employment‐related contracts including complex and senior level agreements with a focus on compensation and restrictive covenants; procedures for employment matters.
* Keep current on developments in employment law and evolving best practices; maintaining strong relationships with cross‐functional stakeholders to provide training and updates as needed
* Assist in managing outside counsel on employment matters
* Provide guidance and counsel on complex employee terminations, including managing directly with outside and opposing counsel.
* Experience taking on complex projects within the London office and globally as needed.
You will be a UK qualified solicitor (or commonwealth equivalent) with at least 4 years PQE of relevant employment legal experience at a leading law firm or in‐house. Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively and work collaboratively with individuals at all levels in a fast paced environment is essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a key player in the asset management space.
If the role is of interest, please apply now!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.