Large online platform seeking part time DPO:
They are looking for the right person to be able to come in and manage difficult data protection issues, be that SME for the organisaiton and report matters to the Chief Financial Officer. This company has a lot of personal data and activity so DP and Privacy compliance is vital to the company. In this role, you will interact with various departments and hold great responsibility and board level activity.
What they would like you to do:
Reporting to their Chief Financial Officer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring their privacy practices and policies to ensure compliance with data protection laws. You will be responsible for advising on and, where required, carrying out staff training, data protection impact assessments and internal audits and will review contracts to ensure compliance. You will also be the primary point of contact for supervisory authorities and the public for compliance matters.
What they would like you to have:
- Expert in UK and EU data protection law (including the GDPR, Data Protection Act 2018, PECR 2003 and the Investigatory Powers Act 2016)
- Experienced in providing data protection advice to senior stakeholders (preferably at board level)
- Comfortable making tough decisions using independent judgment
- Hold a CIPP/E certification (or willing to achieve this shortly after joining)
- Good understanding of other privacy frameworks and evolving legislation worldwide
- Legal or senior compliance background
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.