Document Review – Team Leader
The firm and team
This top tier international law firm is looking for a Team Leader to join their Document Review team in Melbourne.
This Document Review team supports their highly regarded Litigation practice group, and you will support Partners and Lawyers on high profile matters.
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who is legally qualified and has experience leading teams of lawyers or paralegals.
Leadership skills are more highly valued than Document Review experience for this role.
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity. They support a hybrid working model, where working from home and the office is the norm.
As a Team Leader you will:
- Manage and supervise document reviewers for the teams matter work by giving instructions to reviewers, responding to queries, and undertaking quality checks of work completed;
- Oversee the document review process for a wide variety of matters by managing any issues, monitoring progress of the review, providing regular status updates to the Project Manager and lawyers, ensuring the document review process is completed on time and within the agreed budget, and escalating queries and implementing solutions where appropriate;
- Apply strong legal, eDiscovery and time and project management skills on matter and on strategic projects;
- Collaborate with lawyers to deliver quality, cost effective results on matters and national projects;
- Assist with assessing the skill sets of reviewers for the teams matters as needed and ensuring that candidates are a skills and cultural fit in the high performance culture.
- Share knowledge openly and effectively with other team members locally and nationally
Ideally you will have:
- A legal qualification, with previous experience practising as a lawyer or experience in a document review team leader role;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate teams;
- Experience leading teams of lawyers or paralegals on large document reviews;
- Legal technology experience, especially in litigation eDiscovery or corporate due diligence is highly desirable;
- A desire to learn, grow, network, mentor others.
For more information or for a confidential discussion, please contact Alexandra Starke:
D: 02 9236 9076
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.