8 months ago
Our global Tax Group assists clients in structuring a wide range of transactions, from private equity deals to corporate acquisitions and disposals. We provide these international tax services while at the same time offering clients the benefits of the attorney-client and work-product privileges.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to draw upon the experience of colleagues in numerous areas of law, including intellectual property and technology, corporate and finance, real estate, employment and employee benefits.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working as part of our highly regarded global team, candidates will enjoy a broad diet of work that will cover our core services including:
- International tax and cross border planning
- Investment banking and banking transactions
- Private equity transactions
- Capital markets and structured finance transactions
- Mergers, acquisitions, demergers and floatations
- Indirect taxes
- Real estate tax
We do not set upper or lower limits of PQE for any of our vacancies. We have however given an indicative PQE as an approximate guide for applicants. Candidates who have between 2 - 4 years' PQE are likely to have the right level of knowledge and have gained the right level of experience needed to be able to undertake this role.
- Solicitor or Barrister, ideally qualified in England & Wales or a Commonwealth jurisdiction
- Experience of leading on international transactions is preferable
- Experience working across a variety of sectors
- Commercially astute and stay current on key legal and business news
- Excellent skills in communication, client relations, and team-working
- Provides a professional, quality service in a timely manner, and responds effectively to requests from internal and external clients
- Understands positive client support
- Creates confidence in the team and the firm
- Recognises and seizes opportunities for the firm, including repeat business
- Builds and develops own network of internal and external contacts
- Awareness of business development initiatives in the department and identifies ways to contribute
- Maintains a controlled, objective and flexible approach under pressure
- Proactive and innovative
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.