2 months ago
DEPUTY GENERAL COUNSEL, WORLD CLASS PROJECT, KSA
CLIENT: Our client is one of the world's leading providers of industrial services. The Middle East is a very high growth area for them and one of their most valued territories for new and existing business. They now have the need for a new position of Deputy General Counsel, with a specific focus on looking after their most important joint venture. They have retained us exclusively to fill this position.
ROLE: You will be working closely with, and under the guidance of the General Counsel, but with specific responsibility for the JV project. Principle objectives will see you:
- Overseeing litigation, compliance and day to day business issues (privacy, data security, IP, employment).
- Risk assessment and management..
- Outside counsel and budget management.
- Team and self-development towards career growth.
CANDIDATE: As listed company, they have the highest degree of integrity, ethics and compliance and these qualities are paramount to the appointment, as well as:
- Strong ability to pick up a wide variety of work.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, dealing with very senior management and JV partners.
- First class business skills - this is not a 'back office' legal role.
- A suggested PQE level is at least 5+ years but probably no more than 15.
- A broad commercial / corporate skill set but a willingness and ability to pick up anything.
- Strong international law firm / multi-national business background.
- Western qualified and must have current or previous Middle East exposure.
Please note that the jobs advertised here may represent just a selection of all the in-house roles we have running across the Middle East, Turkey and Africa region from our hub office in Dubai. To have a full overview of all the international roles available right now, please visit our constantly updated website at www.taylorroot.com
The SR Group (Dubai) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.