City of London, London
£90000 - £110000 per annum
4 months ago
This international technology organisation is looking for a Data Protection Solicitor to join their team in London.
Reporting to the Global Head of Privacy, you will create and drive key data protection initiatives across the organisations business globally. In doing so, you'll work closely with key stakeholders across the business, promoting a strong culture of handling and managing personal data sensitively and effectively
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with the Product team to ensure privacy by design and default in the constant development of the organisations products and services
- Lead an internal privacy compliance programme across the organisation, liaising closely with the Legal Operations manager
- Work with the wider Legal team to provide support on customer-facing matters such as: coordinating responses to customer privacy and security concerns including AI governance and transfer impact assessments, communicating the organisations privacy compliance and safeguards, and negotiating data protection terms across client and partner contracts
In order to be successful in this role you should have
- 2-6 years' experience in-house or at a top law firm (with secondment experience), with a solid focus in data protection matters
- Demonstrable experience of leading on a range of privacy projects and issues
- Qualified to practise law in the UK or an international qualification and willingness to undertake the QLTS
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.