West London, London
10 months ago
The Data Protection Officer (DPO) will have primary responsibility for advising and informing and challenging the business in respect of its obligations under data protection legislation. You will also be contributing to the maturity of privacy within the business by ensuring the business understands its obligations, risks and associated accountability's.
- Be responsible for driving data privacy compliance within the business, setting and driving the data privacy strategy, implementing best practices and ensuring that a "privacy by design" approach is embedded within the organisation.
- Be accountable for and lead on data privacy activities within the business, providing expert guidance on data protection laws, carrying out DPIA's where required and working closely with the operational areas in order to deliver the best possible outcome from a privacy perspective.
- Support the Legal team on data protection and privacy related contractual issues and liaising with internal/ external privacy counsel as appropriate.
- 6+ years of experience in a regulatory compliance, risk compliance or legal advice role, of which covered a strong focus around Data Protection consistently.
- Demonstrate experience in implementing data protection in a complex operational environment.
- Demonstrate experience in supporting business change in a complex environment with data protection at its core.
- Expert knowledge of national, European and Global data protection laws and practices including but not limited to an in-depth understanding of GDPR.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.