A leading global media and technology company is looking to hire an experienced data protection & privacy professional to be their next EU Data Protection Officer, based out of their new and growing Dublin office.
- Responsible for overseeing the company's data protection compliance in the EU.
- Continually assess GDPR compliance programme, make recommendations for improvements, initiate change and track progress.
- Champion privacy principles and instil culture of privacy compliance and privacy by design through training and engagement with relevant stakeholders.
- Assess and review product features and advise on compliance with GDPR.
- Review DPIA's and other documentary requirements, ensuring Company satisfies the accountability requirements under GDPR.
- Draft, review and update internal and external policies to ensure data collection, sharing and transfer of EU users are GDPR compliant.
- Manage requests made by data subjects (including employees).
- Advise the company's senior management on EU data protection and compliance strategy.
- Work closely with Privacy SME's in the EMEA Legal team, in supportive and collaborative manner.
- Liaison with EU organizations and industrial associations in coordinating on regulatory, policy and law enforcement fronts.
The ideal candidate will have 10-15 + years of solid experience with a major focus on EU data protection and compliance.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.