Would you like to join a leading UK telecoms company?
A leader in the telecoms sphere is now seeking a Data Protection Manager to continue to take their business forward in regards to personal data store and usage. This is an interesting and engaging role for those in the privacy space, with millions of customers (that is a lot of data), this is definitley a vital role for this business. This role will report into their DPO.
What they would like you to do:
- Carry out initial project reviews using the Privacy Impact Assessment process including advising project teams to ensure regulatory compliance is incorporated into plans at an early stage;
- Liaise with internal project stakeholders throughout projects to ensure compliance
- Build trust and good professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Investigate and develop defence responses to ICO complaints and information requests
- Support the business in developing appropriate remediation and prevention efforts
- Investigate privacy Regulator issues/complaints then respond in a timely manner
- Respond to customer complaints that have a privacy basis
- Manage complaint and breach logs
- Provide first line privacy support to internal customers, such as ad hoc DP internal queries including Data Subject Access Requests
- Develop and maintain team internal website
- Ensure GDPR is implemented/followed correctly and any alterations to policy & procedure carried out
What they would like you to have:
- Preference for Privacy Certified individuals (IAPP, CIPP/E/M.);
- Knowledge of ICO Guidelines, DPA rules, GDPR and PECR rules
- 2 years experience as a DP Manager, Privacy Advisor, Privacy SME or Senior Privacy Analyst looking for that next step up
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.