City of London, London
£90000 - £110000 per annum
about 1 year ago
My client seeks a mid to senior data protection lawyer to support the UK Data Protection Officer (DPO) and the business in complying with all relevant DP legislation as well as advising on commercial and contentious legal matters.
Your key responsibilities
You will enjoy a challenging workload, supporting the business via the prompt delivery of pragmatic, adaptable and commercial legal and compliance advice. You will ensure the firm's compliance with applicable privacy legislation, currently the EU General Data Protection Regulation; the Data Protection Act 2018; and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
You will be specifically responsible for: Advising, drafting and negotiating data protection terms within contracts, master service agreements, complex framework agreements and tenders;
Providing legal advice to the firm's service lines, in particular:
- The privacy implications of new and emerging technologies and services;
- The rights of data subjects, notably within the employment context;
- the implications of upcoming legislative and political developments, such as Brexit and the e-Privacy Regulation;
- Reviewing and updating internal policies and procedures;
- Responding to queries from the business on data protection; I
- Implementation of the Global Privacy Framework within the UK firm.
Approximately 5 or more years of post-qualification legal experience, with strong data protection knowledge and preferably CIPP/E, ISEB Certificate or equivalent.
Progression, world class training, and flexible working
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.