21 days ago
The role will have the following core focus:
- Data protection / privacy advisory and compliance work for clients across all sectors, including TMT, CG&R, FinTech, Healthcare and others.
- Working as part of our top-ranked global privacy team on stand-alone data projects for global clients on strategic issues for the business.
- Working with commercial and technology teams on data and privacy issues relating to complex technology and other transactions
- Working with our corporate teams on data and privacy issues arising in significant M&A, JV and other corporate transactions.
- Data breach and ICO investigation experience is helpful, but not essential.
- Being an active part in local and regional practice and industry group activities and local, regional and global business and client development initiatives.
The ideal candidate should be 1 - 2 years PQE with a strong academic track record, and have obtained experience in some or all of the following:
- Experience advising clients on a range of privacy / data protection matters, ideally in a leading UK or international law firm. Experience gained in-house within an industry-leading organisation would also be beneficial (though not essential)
- Experience working on and co-ordinating large-scale privacy compliance projects, audits and assessments
- Drafting and negotiating data processing agreements and other privacy-related contractual documents
- Drafting data protection compliance policies and procedures, privacy notices/policies and cookies notices/policies
- Advising on international data transfers
- Supporting with DSARs and other data subject requests, and data subject complaints
- Advising on direct marketing and cookie compliance
- Advising on privacy compliance in the context of AI, adtech and connected devices / Internet of Things
- Assisting with cyber incident response and breach notification requirements
The position will be based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.