Credit Risk Manager
Credit Risk Manager | London | £ To Be Confirmed
My client, a leading Commodities Trading Firm with offices in Singapore, Japan the UK and US is searching for a Credit Risk Manager to join the team in London.
The Credit function is responsible for all aspects of Credit Risk Management, inpluding pre-deal counterparty assessments, counterparty KYC and sanctions checking, contractual and credit support negotiations, portfolio credit exposure management (including mitigation), default probability assessments, and credit risk capital assessments.
The position will be located in the London Office and report to the Credit Risk Manager will report directly into the Senior Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing autonomously credit risk related requests primarily from the UK and US offices overseeing risks, rating, limit and mitigation assessments for new and existing counterparties. Direct involvement in review process and write-ups will be required at times.
- Reviewing and approving limit and counterparties proposals under delegated authority or escalating appropriately in accordance with internal risk mandate;
- Leading and coaching more junior Credit Analysts located in the UK;
- Managing relationship with Front Office (Originators & Traders) ensuring commercial and credit risk interests are understood and reconciled;
- Understanding and supporting the modelling of potential credit exposure of new and existing transactions;
- Negotiating credit terms and covenants in commodity trading agreement (MSPA, SCoTA, ISDA…) as well as credit supports (letters of credit, parent company guarantee, insurances…) directly with counterparties, credit support providers… in collaboration with JERAGM’s Legal and Origination teams;
Essential experience and skills required
- Around 7 years or more of experience in a credit analyst/manager position gained within a commodities trading environment or financial institution;
- Experience in managing junior resources and lead taskforce projects
- Professional experience on energy products, particularly Coal, Drybulk freight, LNG and/or LNG freight, will be a strong advantage;
- Professional experience in negotiating contractual and credit documentations will be a strong advantage;
- Excellent financial, qualitative and credit analysis skills;
- Good negotiation skills and understanding of contractual frameworks;
- Knowledge of Coal, LNG and Freight products;
- Understanding of KYC and AML processes and requirements is a plus;
This role offers an excellent opportunity to further apply and develop skills and responsibility within a growing and successful commodity trading business.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on email@example.com
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.