Credit Risk Analyst
Credit Analyst – Risk| London | Up to £65,000 Plus Bonus & Benefits
I have partnered with a global financial services institution who is searching for an experienced Credit Risk Analyst / Credit Analyst.
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for providing quality recommendations on credit applications for both Financial institutions and Corporate clients (including Real Estate).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To review Corporates (including Real Estate Transactions) and Financial Institutions with which the bank has or is proposing to have a relationship by analyzing the latest financial information and assessing the risk.
- To ensure that reviews are undertaken in a timely manner by obtaining the necessary information in advance.
- To provide a consistent level of good risk appraisal, outlining the risks, strengths and weaknesses of the proposal and adding value in providing suggestions to strengthen the proposal.
- To provide clear and unambiguous recommendations of the risk proposals.
- To ensure a timely turnaround of credit proposals and reviews.
- Produce all reports relating to RLU area on time and to a high standard, e.g., the Watchlist and Remedial Asset Portfolio and review of Watchlist and Provision Policy.
- To ensure adherence to IFRS9 guidelines as part of credit review process.
- Ensure that credit proposals adhere to the Group Credit Policy.
- To always adhere to Credit Procedures.
Experience and Background:
- Knowledge of banking industry products/services.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively.
- Analytical ability.
- Ability to interact with the key stakeholders in a multi-cultural environment.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to examine the linkages and interactions between different type of risks (credit; regulatory; operational; transactional; etc.).
- Critical thinking and Decisiveness.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good language skills in English. French, German or Italian would be an added advantage
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.