This would be a fantastic opportunity for a 6-10 PQE broad corporate/commercial lawyer, who is looking for an autonomous role in a FTSE 100 business. Reporting to the mangaing counsel, you will have ideally trained at a top city firm, with a good mix of corporate and commercial law.
This role would suit someone who is excited about working within the energy space and who is confident in their ability, robust, can work autonomously. You will advise on a full range of commercial and compliance activities, including ventures, construction, general commercial and corporate legal work, anti-trust, anti-bribery & corruption, litigation and IP.
- Be a trusted adviser to the lubricants business, which will entail development of close working relationships with key business people
- Contribute to strategy development and business decisions
- Support global and regional legal and compliance issues affecting the business
- Provide day to day legal support for commercial and transactional activity to various groups and teams throughout the business, including the distributor and sales teams, and global accounts teams
- Co-ordinate services from specialist lawyers in Legal and external counsel
- Provide efficient external resource management, supporting the management of legal budgets
- Participate in Global Downstream Business legal team's initiatives and work closely with the respective regional Downstream legal teams to enable local implementation of initiatives and efficient and effective service provision
- Provide a wide range of legal advice and support to the businesses relating to existing business and new projects and ventures, including:
- drafting, negotiating and interpreting various forms of sales, commercial, corporate, venturing agreements and M&A deals;
- advising on compliance with trade sanctions, competition and anti-bribery & corruption legislation, liaising with relevant specialists within Legal to ensure compliance worldwide;
- advising on intra-group agreements and structures to support the businesses' international trading arrangements;
- advising on legal issues that arise in the course of business such as quality/quantity disputes, health and safety and product legal compliance.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.