Excellent package and benefits
about 1 year ago
This is a rare opportunity for a mid-level corporate lawyer, ideally with an understanding of corporate reporting (annual reports, quarterly financial results reports etc) to move into a highly regarded in-house legal team, within a major Oil & Gas company in Central London. You will have ideally trained and qualified at a top City Law Firm and have experience of corporate governance and corporate reporting. You will be supporting and liaising with the exec board on a regular basis, as well as senior stakeholders, so high level of attention to detail and gravitas will be essential.
You will help provide advice and support to the Group on all aspects of group level corporate reporting and disclosure. This includes the Annual Report and Form 20F, quarterly financial results reports, strategic updates, stock exchange announcements and press releases and various other reports and disclosures that have a Group perspective. In addition, you will have a key role in the identification and disclosure of price sensitive information and advising on dealings in securities, ensuring continuing engagement of key stakeholders in senior management.
You will review external presentations, corporate communications and internal communications that may have a Group impact or are otherwise significant to the Group. There are also many and varied ad hoc questions on the Companies Act or other regulatory requirements that apply to the Group generally.
You will be involved in all of the aspects of Group Corporate Legal's work outlined above, providing guidance and direction regarding the management and mitigation of legal risks in these areas. In particular this will involve reviewing the internal and external corporate reporting documents for compliance with the applicable regulatory regimes, communicating the requirements internally and advising clients on the appropriate approach to take to meet these requirements. This may include getting input from business facing lawyers and lawyers in specialist areas, taking external legal advice where required.
- Providing strategic, commercially-focused and measured advice at the corporate centre in a fast-paced, often demanding and high profile environment, across a broad practice and diverse client base.
- Review of corporate reporting documentation and analysis of situations arising for compliance with relevant regulations and advising clients on the practical but legally compliant solutions.
- Networking within the group, and in particular within Legal, for specialist input into corporate reporting documentation, with the business facing lawyers, dispute resolution lawyers, HSSE lawyers and trade sanctions lawyers.
- Drafting sections of corporate reporting documentation for which Group Corporate Legal is responsible.
- Reviewing stock exchange announcements and other press releases.
- Reviewing group communications and other materials, with a particular focus on the potential impact at a group level from a legal and reputational perspective.
- Advising on issues relating to the Market Abuse Regulation, in particular issues involving inside information, and presenting training programmes to teams within the group to whom it may be relevant.
- Evaluating the impact of changes in corporate reporting laws and regulations and developing recommended positions in response to such changes and the strategic approach to take in relevant
- consultation processes.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.