£90000 - £120000 per annum
8 months ago
An outstanding opportunity has arisen at our client, an elite Magic Circle City law firm for a Corporate PSL for 12 months.
To update and progress implementation of the Global Corporate legaltech strategy, including:
- To facilitate the development of legaltech to support and realise additional efficiencies in the Global Corporate practice.
- To use knowledge of corporate law, transactions and documentation to develop content and processes for use in legal tech tools.
- To provide legal and practical advice, support and training to embed the use of legaltech in the Global Corporate practice.
- To act as a central bridge between the Global Corporate practice and the Advanced Delivery and Fuse teams.
Principal Areas of Responsibility
- Developing, promoting, and supporting the use of technology in the Global Corporate practice:
- identifying and testing established and new legal technology products with potential scope for use in the Global Corporate practice
- collaborating with Corporate lawyers to identify working practices which could be improved through the use of legaltech and to develop these and innovative solutions to specific client problems
- working with internal teams and external providers to optimise technology solutions for use on Corporate transactions, including assisting with the management of Corporate-related technology projects to ensure efficiency, transparency, and impact across the Global practice
- facilitating the launch, roll-out and use of new technology solutions within the Global Corporate practice
- ensuring that Corporate lawyers have access to the necessary support, training, and guidance materials to enable them to use available technology solutions
- working with IT and internal teams to encourage optimal access to technology solutions for Corporate lawyers
- trusted adviser for technology-related queries from across the Global Corporate practice
- Be a spokesperson for Corporate legaltech:
- develop and maintain key relationships with the IT and internal teams and contribute a Corporate perspective on firm-wide technology developments and projects
- work with internal and Corporate BD teams to develop and update technology and innovation communications for Corporate clients and ensure that the Corporate legaltech strategy accords with the needs of the practice's current and potential client-basest
- Qualified Corporate lawyer - ideally minimum 3 years PQE or similar. English law qualified preferred.
- Technical competence in corporate law as expected at level of qualification.
- Experience of M&A and corporate finance transactions as expected at level of qualification.
- Ability to apply broad legal, market and transactional knowledge to understand and help develop legal technology products suitable for use within the Global Corporate practice.
- Strong interest in legal technology.
This is a fantastic role that is starting as soon as possible.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.