Sydney, New South Wales
Excellent remuneration on offer
30 days ago
Our international client is seeking an Associate or Senior Associate to join their leading Band 1 Corporate group in Sydney.
Working closely with their award-winning partners, you will have exposure to some of the best and highest profile deals in Australia as well as cross-border transactions.
Your day could typically involve:
- Being involved in all aspects of corporate ECM and M&A transactions, including privatisation work and corporate reconstructions for listed companies. This will include drafting and negotiating key transactions documents and managing external client relationships.
- Working closely with other legal teams across the firm to deliver an integrated service to our clients.
- Acting as lead associate on ECM and M&A transactions, including drafting and negotiating key transaction documents and providing advice on areas of legal risk for clients
- Project managing transactions to ensure that key deadlines are met, including working closely with other legal teams across the firm to deliver an integrated service to our clients as well as working closely with other advisers on transactions
- Managing and building external client relationships, including assisting with business development activities for key existing clients and new clients
- Mentoring junior associates in the team, and assisting with providing training to junior associates both in the team and across the firm
- The opportunity to work on some of the largest, most strategic and most complex matters, and develop deep expertise across a range of sectors.
- Mentorship from leaders in the industry.
- Health & wellbeing initiatives: a range of initiatives to support and help you take care of every aspect of your health.
- Learning & development: From key milestone programs to flexible learning options, our client has developed a range of practical and interactive initiatives to help you reach your full potential.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experienced Associate or Senior Associate (3+ PQE);
- Strong legal skills, coupled with a high degree of commitment and practical mindset;
- Demonstrable experience in equity capital markets, M&A (public and private) and/or corporate reconstructions, preferably in the Australian market.
If you are interested in applying for this position or would like to find out more, please contact me for a confidential discussion.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.
For a full review of our active roles, please visit our website at www.taylorroot.com.au
Taylor Root is part of The Specialist Recruitment Group PTY LTD, which is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.