9 months ago
A leading Bank is looking to appoint a Corporate Legal Counsel in London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader and make a valuable contribution to the successful functioning of the legal team. You will provide day-to-day legal support to the UK and EMEA Corporate functions advising on transactional legal issues, whilst managing legal and regulatory risk. You will also provide legal advice and support on cross-border elements of corporate and outsourcing transactions.
Duties will include:
- Leading/supporting senior members of the Legal team on corporate and M&A transactions.
- Identifying and managing key legal risks.
- Liaising with business executives and other internal stakeholders to obtain their input on relevant legal issues.
- Transaction management, including instructing, managing and overseeing external legal advisers and ensuring that governance is followed.
- Reviewing/negotiating transaction documentation (including confidentiality agreements, offer letters, information memorandums, sale and purchase agreements, disclosure letters etc).
- Preparing/reviewing signing/completion documents for transactions, including drafting of powers of attorney, board minutes, legal risk maps etc.
- Co-ordinating input from specialist legal teams and other stakeholders into the M&A process and documentation.
- Leading/assisting with the execution of minority equity investments in a variety of sectors, including fintech, digital investments and sustainable impact/ESG, as well as debt-for-equity transactions.
- Negotiating transaction documentation (including term sheets, shareholders agreements etc) and leading legal due diligence for strategic investments.
- Leading/supporting the M&A planning and execution of corporate reorganisations and other special corporate projects (e.g. capital raisings).
You will be a qualified Lawyer with a minimum of 1 PQE experience within a Corporate team. It is essential to be able to demonstrate a pragmatic solutions-based counsel and strong relationship building skills combined with excellent communication skills. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, acting with a degree of independence whilst being part of a supportive and collegiate culture. You must have the flexibility and drive to support a multidisciplinary team with a solutions-based attitude.
If the role is of interest, please get in touch!
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.