about 1 year ago
12 month FTC
A well known tech business is looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic lawyer to join the team, either in London or Edinburgh, on a 12 month contract starting as soon as possible.
- Advice across the full spectrum of corporate and governance arrangements we enter into as a business, with third parties and on an intra-group basis.
- You will engage directly with our risk/compliance, group governance, corporate strategy, reward and other teams in the business, serving as lead-counsel on specific projects.
- You'll work with compliance teams to develop our governance processes.
- You'll engage heavily with our reward teams to support on our share scheme plans for employees.
- You'll work with various outsourced suppliers to manage the filing and record keeping requirements for our portfolio of companies.
- Development and provision of appropriate legal training to the business and maintaining templates and legal operations to drive value and efficiency.
- Support Skyscanner's commitment to maintaining a traveller-first product, and a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- You will assist with our M&A strategy and execution as the need arises.
- You will be admitted to practise as a legal practitioner with at least 4 years of experience in-house or in private practice with a well respected law firm.
- A strategic, commercial thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving and negotiating capabilities.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with an ability to work on multiple matters at once while meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Flexibility to work across different time zones globally.
- An ability to work proactively and autonomously in a fast-paced, internet economy business - you'll be skilled at dealing with ambiguity.
- A high degree of emotional intelligence, with an ability to build good relationships and communicate effectively across the business and generate consensus.
- Travel on a semi-regular basis may be required.
- High standard of ethics and professional integrity.
Please apply if interested, and you are available to start by mid-March 2020.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.