Corporate Counsel, Capital Markets
Our client is a leading energy company with a global presence and are headquartered in Singapore. We are working exclusively with them to recruit for a Corporate Counsel.
Reporting directly to the CFO, you will be a legal and business advisor to the executive leadership team. In this role, you will advise on legal, regulatory and corporate governance issues impacting the Group, providing strategic advice to key executives of the Company. You will play a key role in the delivery of the organisation’s legal services and act as a business partner to the CEO, CFO and other key appointment holders. The ability to build relationships and trust with key stakeholders is critical in this highly visible role.
Ideally you are a common-law qualified lawyer with at least 8-10+ years’ experience, having worked at a top tier law firm and/or preferably in an in-house role where you’ve gained a solid track record of providing legal advice for SGX listed companies across aspects of capital raisings, secondary share placements and mergers & acquisitions.
- Advising and serving as strategic partner to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), directors of the Group and board members on legal, regulatory and corporate governance matters relating to ongoing and new strategic business initiatives
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements of Companies Act and Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited Draft SGX disclosures and announcements and corporate resolutions
- Advise on legal and compliance work for the listed company and its subsidiaries, both in Singapore and overseas
- Advise on the planning, structuring, coordination, and execution of transactions/deals such as mergers and acquisition, fund-raising through equity and/or debt, joint ventures, and other investments in public and private companies
- Responsible for corporate secretarial matters of the Group; prepare corporate resolutions, minutes of meeting, annual reports and attend annual general meetings and board meetings.
- Review and update Group policies including insider trading, whistle-blowing, personal data protection etc.
- Work collaboratively across a broad range of operations and service partners, developing and maintaining strong working relationships between legal, finance, operations, and other functions, to facilitate a team-based approach.
- Manage and consult with outside counsel where appropriate, including management of outside counsel spend within acceptable budgets. Manage functional budget for operations, activities and projects in the region budget.
- Common-law qualified lawyer with at least 8-10+ PQE and a degree/Masters/JD from a reputable law school and experience with a top tier law firm. Preference will be given to those with work experience in public listed company in Singapore
- Highly collaborative, interactive, pro-active, self- motivated, independent and assertive mindset with a confident but values-focused personality
- Strong team-orientated approach, with a predisposition to establish rapport, build lasting relationships and engage actively with the broader business at all levels
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.