6 months ago
I am working with a global media business on as 12 month maternity cover contract for 4PQE+ lawyer with excellent corporate and commercial experience.
* Assisting the SVP, Head of Legal, Corporate Transactions on merger and acquisition transactions across all territories both on the sale and buy side.
* Assisting the M&A team in assessment of M&A opportunities across the globe.
* Working closely with the M&A team, Tax, Finance, HR and external counsel.
* Proactively managing external counsel to deliver legal due diligence and deal documentation in a timely, cost effective and focused way.
Day-to-day responsibilities to include:
* preparing and negotiating NDAs, letters of intent, due diligence questionnaires;
* conducting legal due diligence on target businesses, including identifying "hot button" areas, setting the agenda for external counsel and reviewing due diligence material to assess for commercial and legal risks and using judgment and initiative to address those risks either in the deal documentation and/or valuation;
* assisting in preparing, negotiating and executing corporate transaction documentation (sale purchase agreements, asset transfer agreements, shareholders agreements, loan agreements etc), ensuring that interests are protected;
* managing the M & A team, finance, tax and HR as part of the M & A process; and
* assisting in negotiation meetings with third parties and their counsel; and using experience and judgment to determine which issues are important for the company, how far to push the counter-party and when/what to flag issues to the wider team.
* Assisting in preparing templates for the M&A team.
* Assisting in relation to adhoc commercial matters that arise across the business at group level.
* Providing support in respect of corporate/commercial issues arising across the business. Including, but not limited to reviewing contracts and negotiating commercial deal terms for business teams, including IT, facilities and the communication team.
* Assisting in respect of the drafting and review of global business policies and procedures.
* Responsible for data protection/GDPR for the business and assisting the Group Employment lawyer on initiatives in relation to this.
* Minimum 4 years PQE lawyer with strong academic background.
* Experience working in a corporate transactional team in a major law firm is essential.
* Good technical ability and drafting skills.
* Strong experience with shareholders'/joint venture agreements is preferable as well as the ability to manage and execute M & A transactions autonomously.
* Proactive, rather than passive, approach to deals is absolutely essential.
* Effective team player able to work in close-knit team.
* An enthusiastic and engaged attitude with excellent people skills and a good, clear communication style.
* Commercial and business judgment.
* Amicable but effective negotiation skills.
* Ability to keep abreast of professional, legal, technological and working practice changes and innovation.
* Exposure to television production and/or distribution agreements and working knowledge of TV sector, broadcaster terms and current issues would be helpful but not essential.
If this role sounds of interest, and your profile fits the above criteria then please apply for more details.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.