about 1 year ago
- Newly created role
- Play a significant role as part of a growing global busines
Our client is a global player in the oil & gas trading industry, and Singapore is a key hub as their regional headquarters. A rare opportunity is available for an experienced contracts analyst to join them. This is a newly created role, as a result of business growth driven by recent acquisitions and partnerships.
You will provide a full range of contracts advice and support, working closely with the commercial and operations teams to understand and analyse key contractual terms and conditions.
You are an experienced contracts professional with at least 5 years' experience in the energy and/or commodities trading industry.
- Draft sale contracts and review purchase contracts for physical oil trades, ensuring minimal overall transaction risk/exposure, timeliness, and legal certainty in all contractual correspondence;
- Understand the trade cycle and how contracts impact other functions;
- Work with traders to promote accurate and timely contract process; develop strong front office relationships and provide contractual (pre and post deal) support; working alongside other teams to prevent and/or mitigate issues that may arise;
- Draft bids for third-party tenders;
- Resolution of any trade entry discrepancies, ensuring the deal capture system matches the contracts;
- Take responsibility for the escalation of contractual issues through to resolution.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the oil & gas industry in a similar role as a contracts analyst
- Meticulous, disciplined and with strong organizational skills is a must
- Excellent oral and written skills - you have strong communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in Commercial/Contract Law
- Ability to manage and prioritize heavy and variable workload
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail
To comply with local laws, our Singapore office EA Licence No is: 17S8475.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.