6 months ago
Reporting to Corporate Counsel, the Contracts Negotiator is the initial point of contact to review, edit and negotiate non-disclosure agreements (NDA's), product and service sales agreements and global localisations, terms and conditions of procurement solicitations (RFQ ,RFP and ITT) and other legal documentation as necessary. The Contracts Negotiator is also the primary point of contact for all internal and external communication regarding the contract agreements. The role is to support sales in the acquisition and retention of clients who require written contracts to procure technology products and services as well as minimize operational and legal risk during the formation of contract agreements.
This position provides commercially minded and pragmatic legal support on a variety of matters; along with drafting, negotiating and advising upon contracts for IT procurement, maintenance and professional services, as well as for managed and cloud Services. The role will assist on a broad range of commercial contracts, employment matters, data protection, litigation/dispute management, real estate, corporate compliance and others as required.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Draft, edit and negotiate agreements (contracts for purchase of hardware, software, and/or services, NDAs, teaming agreements and other terms and conditions), with rising level of complexity and minimal direction, according to departmental contract negotiation guidelines and procedures.
- Coordinate the expertise of multiple internal departments into a strategic position to proceed with negotiations, minimizing risk and maximizing value to the organization.
- Utilize a contract management tracking database.
- Provide training and guidance to the sales team, peers, and other stakeholders regarding contract terms, contract review procedures, and negotiation strategies.
- Address contract related issues as they arise, with appropriate escalation to Legal Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel, Head of UK Legal when required.
- Propose and assist with the development of tools for the enhancement of contractual processes and documentation.
- In addition to the responsibilities above, the Contract Negotiator's core duties will also include the review of procurement solicitations (RFIs, RFBs, RFQs and RFPs) for the applicable department.
- Engage in commercial contracting for the UK business, including the primary operations in the UK and those in other operating subsidiaries outside the U.S. and Canada, including Dubai, Ireland, Singapore, Netherlands, India, Hong Kong, Australia and South Africa.
- Provide support to UK business leaders and provide practical, business-minded advice in the development of new technology service and solution offerings to customers.
- Coordinate closely with Legal Counsel and Senior Corporate Counsel and colleagues in Canada and the U.S. to negotiate global agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
- Identify process improvements that will facilitate effectively mitigating and managing legal business risks, reduce outside counsel costs, improve quality of service and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Assist in development of best practices with regard to processes, procedures and policies.
- Be flexible and dependable in daily work schedule
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.