£70000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits and generous pension
11 months ago
My client is a successful in the US and is focussed on and investing in achieving similar success in UK and Europe. Despite current market conditions my client has made a strong commitment to expanding including an accelerated development of the trading platform for Europe, increasing EU market share, and an acquisition.
The successful candidate will be part of the regional Legal and Compliance function that covers business in the UK, EU and Asia, to assist with the regulatory oversight and control of the regulated trading venues and post-trade (regulatory reporting) services. My client operates an MTF and ARM/APA from London (under the FCA) and another MTF and ARM/APA from Europe and they are subject to certain cross border licenses in other host state jurisdictions such as Australia, Hong Kong and Switzerland.
This is a generalist position focussing on central compliance (preparation of management information, policies and procedures, keeping logs, and regulatory reporting) and performing reviews as part of the compliance monitoring programme and AML controls.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting risk-based monitoring reviews as part of the Compliance Monitoring Programme, both routine and thematic, to assess the extent the business complies with regulatory requirements and internal policies;
- Helping to update the Compliance Monitoring Program following any changes to the business or market behaviour;
- Use of automated surveillance and assessment of surveillance alerts from the trading venues;
- Performing KYC and AML reviews periodically per all clients, vendors and associated persons;
- Managing client and dealer on-boarding and documentation and attendant enquiries;
- Assisting with regulatory reporting to comply with the conditions of authorisation under the local national competent authority and applicable corporate laws;
- Assisting with practical changes to accommodate new legal or regulatory requirements;
- Maintaining local compliance policies, procedures, records and general record-keeping (e.g. breach register, PA dealing notifications etc);
- Preparation of management information for executive committees or other relevant stakeholders such as audit;
- Working closely with the group Legal and Compliance team or other internal stakeholders where necessary to support any of the above.
Due to the seniority of the position my client has a strong preference for candidates with 5 years or more experience of working in UK/EU financial services compliance preferably in regulated electronic trading platforms, market infrastructure, surveillance/monitoring, or post-trade process such as regulatory reporting; experience of handling tests from a compliance monitoring programme and AML framework, and managing updates, Strong written and verbal skills to produce reports, following up on action points or enquiries; Preference for someone who has knowledge or experience of MiFID II, market abuse and regulatory reporting obligations (trade and transaction reporting); Should be able and willing to work independently, reliably and demonstrate initiative; Fixed income experience is preferable but not essential; Former employees of regulatory authorities welcome.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.