Compliance Officer – AIG
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
About the role:
Be responsible for compliance for the AIG Europe S.A. Netherlands branch including but not limited to:
* Participate in the governance bodies as and when required and prepare the necessary reports and presentations
* Advise on financial crime matters, especially sanctions, working jointly with the Financial Crime Group for their timely resolution. Ensure appropriate reporting to the local competent authorities as and when required
* Arrange and deliver tailored compliance training to the local operation
* Conduct the annual Compliance Risk Assessment Review for the AIG Europe S.A. Netherlands branch
* Advise management and the business on matters related to the specific list of Compliance risks and related applicable rules and regulations
* In the context of the Dutch self-regulatory regime, co-ordinate the annual self-assessment exercises and relevant external audits
* Escalate compliance issues and potential violations of compliance policies and procedures, laws, regulations and standards of good business to Group Compliance as appropriate
* Provide support to the Compliance Testing team during local testing exercises, support the business in the preparation and execution of a local monitoring plan where that is deemed necessary or required by local laws and regulations
* Co-ordinate the handling of data privacy incidents in collaboration with the Global Data Privacy team
Support the work of EMEA Compliance, especially in relation to
* periodic reporting to executive management and Group Compliance,
* execution of Global Compliance projects in collaboration with Compliance Operations
* maintenance of applicable AIG policies and procedures designed to prevent, detect and correct specific compliance risks
* support of the ongoing compliance with the Insurance Distribution Directive, focusing on training tracking and advice to the business in co-operation with Legal and any other relevant functions
* liaising with Risk or / and Internal Audit for the implementation of identified actions required in the context of amelioration of internal controls
* Several years’ experience in a Compliance, Legal or Regulatory position
* Bachelor’s Degree required, LL.M. preferred
* Relevant experience and understanding of the financial services sector, including regulatory requirements
* Knowledge of Dutch and EU sanctions rules and regulations
* Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively and cross-functionally within a highly-matrix organization with employee representatives, (senior) managers and employees at all levels
* Ability to meet or exceed deadlines, prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in fast-paced, changing environment
* Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to address conflict and difficult issues in a professional, assertive and proactive manner
* Proven experience to work under pressure
* Excellent organizational, written, verbal and presentation skills including the ability to interpret and communicate compliance guidance internally
* Fluency in English and Dutch essential. Knowledge of a third European language desirable.
The SR Group (Germany) GmbH is acting as an external recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.