Sydney CBD, New South Wales
AU$130000 - AU$145000 per annum + bonus
over 1 year ago
- Lose the red tape, make more of an impact
- Broaden your compliance skill set
- Manage the framework for your own geographical patch
A global proprietary trader and market maker, with a strong presence in APAC. A unique blend of low bureaucracy and high-performance culture, this trading firm prides itself on hiring motivated, talented people to drive growth and success. Expect to be challenged, given autonomy and treated to a forward-thinking culture and a flexible position.
You'll look after your own market, sitting in a lean, close-knit team of senior compliance people. Under the guidance of a well-respected Head of Compliance, you'll enjoy a refreshing approach to leadership, and realise your potential as a compliance expert. Owning your region's compliance framework, your role will include
- Surveillance including investigating trades
- Regulatory change - dealing with traders and stakeholders, and implementing adjustments
- Advice and clarifications on compliance issues
- Risk assessments
- Owning compliance risk management for your area
- Training and compliance culture improvement
- Policy development
- Periodic reviews
- Regulator contact
The Ideal Candidate
While you will not be expected to be an expert in your eventual geographical sector, you will need to demonstrate that you are a self-starter, a quick learner, and hungry to improve and progress. You'll likely impress if your resume looks similar to this:
- Firm grasp of proprietary trading, algorithmic trading (don't have this, but want to apply? Impress by doing your research!)
- Manager-level experience in a financial services compliance team (banking, trading, asset management, at a regulator)
- Hands-on experience across a breadth of compliance issues
- Track record of taking on extra responsibility, making your own work and going beyond what's expected of you
- Outstanding communicator with success stories influencing a range of (senior) stakeholders
- Frustrated in your current role... Too much red tape preventing you providing creative solutions? Pigeon-holed in a narrow area and know you can handle more?
If the above sounds familiar, our client would love to hear from you. You might just realise your potential and add real value in a stimulating environment.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.