- This role will involve managing all aspects of Board meetings and board sub committees which include Audit, Risk and Compliance (ARCC); the RemCo and the Board Credit Committee
- Develop and facilitate the delivery of a thorough induction programme for newly appointed directors
- In conjunction with the Chairman and Chief Executive to plan, arrange and produce agendas, reports and subsequent minutes for meetings of the Board and committees
- Provide advice to the chairman and the Board members on the conduct of meetings
- Identify the ongoing development needs of directors and agree development programmes where appropriate.
- Organising board and board committee meetings
- Formulating meeting agendas with the chairman and / or the chief executive and advising management on content and organisation of memoranda or presentations for the meeting
- Collecting, organising and distributing such information, documents or other papers required for the meeting
- Ensuring that all meetings are minuted and ensuring that minutes are maintained with certified copies of minutes
- Ensuring that an annual general meeting is held in accordance with the requirements of the Companies Act and the companies' Articles of Association
- Obtaining internal and external agreement to all documentation for circulation to shareholders
- Prepare and issuing notices of meetings, and distributing proxy forms
- Prepare directors for any shareholder questions and helping them create briefing materials
- At meetings, ensuring that proxy forms are correctly processed and that the voting is carried out accurately
- Co-ordinating the publication and distribution of the companies' annual report and accounts and interim statements, in consultation with the company's internal and external advisors, in particular, when preparing the directors' report
- Maintaining the company's register of members
- Dealing with transfers and other matters affecting share-holdings
- Dealing with queries and request from shareholders
- Share and capital issues and restructuring
- Continually reviewing and updating the board on developments in issues relevant to corporate governance
- Advising and assisting the directors with respect to their duties and responsibilities, in particular compliance with company law
- Acting as a channel of communication and information for non-executive directors
Experience of working within the banking industry is essential for this role along with the ICSA qualification.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.