over 1 year ago
We are currently working with a leading software developer in their search for a Paralegal to join their mid-sized team, based in Central london
The Paralegal will provide assistance with legal work and administrative matters across the legal team. You will act as a key part of the team and often act as a point of contact with the rest of the business, including directors and senior stakeholders.
As the team continues to grow, this newly created role provides an excellent foundation for those looking to go into a legal career while also giving opportunities for progression and development within the role to take on more challenging work.
* Providing general administrative support for the team including filing/e-filing, preparing documents for signature, arranging for signature, organising team events and preparing files for legal matters;
* Assisting with the preparation of legal documents such as NDAs and releases;
* Providing support to the Senior IP counsel on IP related matters (including trade mark clearance searches, preparing applications for new registrations, monitoring for IP infringements and preparing take downs from social media sites and app stores, and liaising with the Domains Registrar);
* Assisting with advertising law matters including reviewing promotions and updating the team on ASA decisions;
* Supporting the commercial counsel with preparation of contracts, including drafting, proof-reading and formatting documents; and
* Carrying out legal research and delivering presentations to the team and the wider business
* Good academics
* Some previous work experience beyond short-term school/university placements. Need not be a paralegal role but some office experience is desirable so that they are familiar with admin procedures, office environment and tools such as MS Office software.
* Adaptable, organised, self-motivated, comfortable taking instructions and then getting on with things, and equally good at working on their own and as part of a team.
* Excellent attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Paralegal to join a leading team, in a role which offers breadth and progression.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.