9 months ago
We represent clients in all stages of domestic and international litigation, before trial, appellate, regulatory and alternative dispute resolution tribunals across the world. Renowned for the global breadth and local depth of our experience in this field, we are trusted advisors to the world's leading financial institutions, largest corporations, sovereign governments, executives and directors. As well as guiding clients through their most complex and significant litigation challenges, we also help them steer clear of disputes, by developing and implementing risk management and compliance measures.
As an associate joining our practice, you will be given responsibility for a wide range of tasks, spanning drafting and document analysis, legal research, correspondence and trial preparation. While you will not be required to undertake oral advocacy at a junior level, you will be closely involved in the development of trial strategy and regularly called upon to attend court hearings.
The work can be demanding, but is always rewarding-offering excellent opportunities for learning and development. We foster a collegial working environment where partners are friendly and accessible, and colleagues always supportive and open to questions. Your professional development will also be enhanced by regular interaction with colleagues across the firm's global network, with specialist knowledge of such practice areas as Antitrust/Competition, International Arbitration, Intellectual Property and Environment & Climate Change.
- Strong academic record and intellectual curiosity, creative thinker
- Long-term interest in business law
- Fluency in English
- International experience a plus
- Good understanding of the key risks and issues involved in cross-border transactions
- Experience on advising on numerous commercial contracts, in particular credit agreements, bond documents (e.g. offering memoranda, purchase agreements, indentures, trust deeds etc.), corporate approvals, share purchase agreements, offering circulars etc.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.