Brighton, East Sussex
Davina Fisher (nee Robin)
12 months ago
An exciting position has arisen for a commercial Legal Counsel to join a well-respected higher education programme delivery organisation based in Brighton. Their offices are conveniently situated a stone throw from the pier in Brighton, so there are lots of great cafes and shops within walking distance and great local transport links.
You will provide essential legal support and day to day advice across the company's UK operations. Whether you are drafting, reviewing, negotiating, dealing with data protection queries, developing strategy or identifying risk, the role will be fundamental in ensuring a high-quality service to the company.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Experience in a commercial legal department in drafting, negotiating and advising clients;
- Understanding of data protection law;
- Ability to cope with multiple stakeholders and competing deadlines and priorities with requests at short notice;
- Exceptional attention to detail, communication and organisational skills;
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills;
- The ability to work effectively with all levels and teams within the organisation
The successful candidate will have 1-5+ years pqe. You will enjoy working in a team of passionate, talented individuals whilst receiving a competitive salary 25 days annual leave and the opportunity to undertake charitable work with two paid volunteering days per year.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.