Commercial Legal Counsel
Our client is a world-leading, fully integrated commodity trading company which connects producers and consumers to supply sustainable, traceable and quality-controlled agricultural products. It is a multinational company with it’s regional Headquarters in Rotterdam.
About the role:
As part of the legal team, you will provide support to the business for any type of legal issues faced at all levels of the supply chain. You will be expected to assist the traders with drafting agreements, help to prevent disputes and handle claims, always keeping your professional knowledge up to date.
You are expected to be an enthusiastic, organized, proactive and a pragmatic team player with proficiency in commercial law. You will have strong analytical skills, not shying away from a professional discussion and a strong sense of responsibility.
Your responsibilities will include:
– Handling commercial claims (claiming or defending), arising under our commercial agreements;
– Managing legal cases (litigation and arbitration);
– Provide legal advice on contract terms (commodities sale and purchase, warehousing, transhipment, etc.);
– Providing training for colleagues on relevant legal topics.
– You have a masters degree in Commercial Law;
– A minimum of 3 years of experience as in-house counsel or in a law firm;
– Good knowledge of English law;
– You have excellent written and verbal (English) communication skills.
The SR Group (UK) Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.